FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do we pay for our stay?The easiest and most preferable way is for you to schedule a bank transfer of the remaining amount due before you leave home. This way we can confirm the money has been transferred when you arrive and you don’t have to worry about carrying cash or getting cash from a cash machine.
We only accept cash and bank transfers.
- How do we get to Lavanda Blu?Navigators of all sorts often do NOT find us. Please print this page:
If you follow the instructions you will not get lost!
We live in the countryside of Carassai and there are many different ways to get to Carassai, so please follow the instructions in the link!
- When is check-in?Check-in is between 15:30-18:30 unless prior arrangements are made.
Check out is by 10:00.
- Can I show up before check-in time?Yes. BUT please let us know beforehand. We take a much needed siesta (rest) and unless we are expecting you, we are not available between 13:00 -16:00.
- What if we need to leave before or arrive after our reservation date?You are responsible for the full payment of the reservation, we cannot give refunds or discounts. We highly recommend getting travel insurance.
- Should I get travel insurance?It’s up to you, but we recommend it. We cannot refund or discount for any reason, plus it covers you for any possible mishaps giving you piece of mind.
- Is there WI-FI?Yes.
- Where is the nearest beach?Cupra Marittima. 17Km (20min) drive from Lavanda Blu.
- Are there drinks available?Yes. We have a fridge stocked with cold drinks for purchase.
We also have coffee and several evenings a week we offer drinks at our terrace. Bed and breakfast guests have several hot drinks available to them all day.
- Can we get something to eat at Lavanda Blu?
Yes you can. We offer local, seasonal specialties several times a week. We also have a picnic basket available with local cheeses and meats plus homemade dishes and a bottle of wine.
- Are there restaurants nearby?
There are several within a 20 km radius. We have our favorites listed in our guide book and there are many others.
- Where is the nearest supermarket?Carassai has a small market that sells all the essentials. In our guidebook we have a list of our favorite places to shop for food, from supermarkets to farm stands, butchers and fisherman stands for the best fresh local ingredients.
Be aware that on Thursday and Sunday afternoons most supermarkets are closed.
- Are there local markets?
Yes. We have a list of where and when.
Are there maps and information of things to do and see?
Yes. We have several for you to look at.
- Can we do laundry?Yes. We have a washing machine. €6 per load
- Can I rent a bicycle?We have 2 mountains bikes you can borrow.
CAMPING SPECIFIC QUESTIONS
- Is there electricity on the camp pitch?No. We have a quiet small campsite. Electricity is available in the main building for charging cellphones, laptops, etc.
- How do I keep my food cool?We have shared refrigerators in the main building free of charge for you to store daily food items.